Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Our Handmade Space featured on Modish


Many thanks to Modish for highlighting Hand Picked Pumpkin this week in their feature Handmade Spaces.

Below you'll find a copy of the interview. Click on Modish to see the complete feature with photos!

Handmade Spaces: Hand Picked Pumpkin
Today I have the space of Hand Picked Pumpkin to share, where the creator, Allison, makes her line of adoooorable, custom baby clothing. Let's see where it all takes place!

What do you create in this space?
This is the Hand Picked Pumpkin design studio where we create a modern line of limited edition and custom baby clothing. This space is headquarters for many, many tasks from pre-production brainstorming to sample fittings and alterations to fabric and product storage to marketing, accounting, order fulfillment, and anything else I find myself responsible for while nurturing a growing business.

Please describe what we see in the pictures a bit:
I have bins where the smaller quantities of woven fabric are stored for easy access while cutting each custom order. You’ll also find stacks of woven bolts. You can also find my size 18m dress form used for first round fittings before I go the extra step and test fit on real tots, and some finished pieces hanging ready in the closet. There are two racks of tag board patterns as well as shelves of small pattern pieces, and a packaging table where I try and neatly store all the goodies I need access to when shipping out orders including tissues, stickers, ribbon and enclosures for wrapping gifts, promotional look books and sample swatches.

How do you feel when you enter your handmade space?
I feel extremely happy and lucky when I come to work each day. I did not always do something that I loved and so I am extremely grateful for the position I find myself in now.

Wow, this space looks mighty organized! Thanks for sharing it with us Allison!

No comments: